How To Buy From Us
Payment & Delivery
Desk Information & Resources
BROWSE ALL STOCK
Antique Desk and Antique Writing Table ARCHIVE
Reasons to Buy an Antique
Guide to Buying an Antique Desk
Share on Twitter
ANTIQUE WALNUT BRITSIM ROLL TOP DESK
An exceptional Antique Walnut Roll Top Desk.
This rare roll top desk is a late Victorian twin-pedestal roll-top "Britsim
Desk'" made by G Alstrom, 76 Gt Eastern St., London, EC. The desk
is made from
straight grain walnut and was retailed by Thomas Clarkson & Sons, Furnishers, Snow
Hill, Wolverhampton (label still in place). A superb quality Antique
Roll Top Desk with many unique and
original features - see the gallery of photos and the features list below.
Not only is it a very practical desk for today's world
it is a magnificent and impressive piece of furniture in its own right and a
very interesting historic piece of Antique Office Furniture.
FEATURES - 4011 Antique Walnut
Roll Top Desk
- Exceptional and rare Antique Walnut Roll Top
Desk of "Britsim" design - late Victorian
- D-shaped tambour roll to the top, which
locks all of the drawers when in the closed position
- Polished and panelled side and rear elevations
- Plain polished top above the tambour
- Brass lever locks to the drawers, stamped
'R Cooper & Sons of Wolverhampton'
- Large polished writing surface with moulded
edge beneath the roll-top
- Original, good quality brass swan neck drawer handles
- Twin brass handles to the roll top, secured
with a central brass lock
- Tambour lock plate marked 'Britsim Desk,
Made by G Alstrom, 76 Gt Eastern St., London, EC.'
- Short square tapering legs to the pedestals
- Original brass wheeled castors, to the
- Four graduated drawers to the left-hand pedestals,
with dividers to the top drawer
- Double height ledger drawer to the
right-hand pedestal, with 2 vertical dividers
- Panelled modesty screen between the twin
- Writing slides to the top of both pedestals
- Wide central drawer above the kneehole
- Hand-cut dovetail joints to the drawers
- Retailers plate to the central drawer,
stamped 'Thomas Clarkson & Sons, Furnishers, Snow Hill, Wolverhampton.'
DIMENSIONS - 4011 Antique Walnut
Roll Top Desk
- Width = 60" (153cm). Depth = 33" (84cm)
- Kneehole width (measured between pedestals)
= 26" (66cm)
- Top surface = 60"(153cm) x 7"(18cm) x
39"(99cm) maximum height
- Polished writing surface = 56"(142cm) wide x
- Sitting or kneehole height (floor to the bottom of the
central drawer) = 24.5" (62cm)
- Writing surface height from floor = 31"
- Pedestal drawer widths (internal) = 12" (30cm)
- Pedestal drawer internal depths (front to back) =
- Central drawer width (internal) = 25" (64cm)
- Central drawer internal depth (front to back) =
Copyright © 2013 Antiquedesks.net - All Rights Reserved.