PAYMENT & DELIVERY
BLOG & NEWS
ANTIQUE MAHOGANY DICKENS WRITING DESK
A superb Antique Mahogany Dickens Writing Desk. The Dickens
style of Writing Desk became popular in Victorian
England in the third quarter of the nineteenth century. This example of a
genuine Antique Mahogany Dickens Writing Desk has the characteristic features of twin
pedestals, supporting a top with a moulded edge and three separate gold tooled
green leather inset writing surfaces. Surprisingly practical - a laptop can fit easily
on (and inside) the central working surface - this desk could feature in a home
office, study, hallway or sitting room and offers a wealth of useful storage
Once owned and used by a cleric, this interesting
and highly original Dickens Writing Desk has small stationery compartments and drawers which have been individually hand
labelled 'cuttings, pulpit notes, sermons, printed notes, manuscript notes,
science, bible lessons (old testament) and bible readings'. These have been left on the desk, as part of its character
and charm, but they could be
easily removed if desired.
FEATURES - 4002 Antique Mahogany Dickens Writing Desk
- Superb and highly original Antique Mahogany
Dickens Writing Desk dating from the mid Victorian period
- Hinged writing slope, opening to reveal
numerous small drawers and stationery compartments
- White porcelain handles to the twin small
drawers within the slope compartment
- Graduated drawers to both pedestals, each
with twin turned wooden handles
- Handmade dovetail joints and brass lever locks to each drawer, with brass
- Several internal dividers to the pedestal
- Eight smaller drawers to the superstructure,
with hinged locking side mechanism
- Wheeled castors recessed to both pedestals
- Three dark green, embossed and gold-tooled
leather writing surfaces
- Superstructure drawers united by a shelved
gallery with baluster spindle turned supports.
- 4002 Antique Mahogany Dickens Writing Desk
- Width = 59" (150cm). Depth = 28" (71cm). Overall height = 46" (117cm)
- Writing surface height (bottom of slope) =
- Sitting height = 24" (61cm). Kneehole width =25" (61cm)
- Pedestal drawer internal widths = 13" (33cm)
- Pedestal drawer internal depths (front to
back) = 19" (48cm)
- Pedestal drawer internal heights = 3"
- Slope compartment internal width = 24.75"
- Slope compartment internal depth (max) = 24"
- Slope compartment internal height (min) = 5"
- Superstructure drawers internal widths =
- Superstructure drawers internal depths = 6"
- Superstructure drawers internal heights =
Copyright © 2016 Antiquedesks.net - All Rights Reserved.