Woking, Surrey, UK
BLOG & NEWS
Share on Twitter
Read more about us
ANTIQUE WALNUT WRITING TABLE BY EDWARDS
A very attractive small Antique Walnut Writing Table by Edwards
& Roberts the well know Victorian Cabinet makers of Wardour Street London.
It dates from around 1880. This is an exquisite burr walnut writing table
with boldly turned barley-twist legs and a central drawer to the front, matched
by a false drawer to the rear. It is of small proportions with the top
measuring some 37" wide by 22" deep. The top has burr walnut crossbanded
and moulded edges and has a dark green embossed leather writing surface inset.
With original brass castors and white porcelain wheels this Antique Walnut
Writing Table is a very pretty example of Edwards & Roberts work and is suitable
for a number of practical and decorative uses around the home or office.
FEATURES - 3004 Antique Walnut
Writing Table by Edwards & Roberts
- Fine small Antique Walnut Writing Table by
Edwards & Roberts, c1880
- Well figured single drawer, with twin turned
wooden knob handles
- Crossbanding to the moulded edge top, in
- Embossed green leather writing surface inset
to the top
- Original turned wooden knob handles to the
drawer opposing false drawer
- Hand-cut dovetail joints to the mahogany
- Scratch-stock moulding to the spandrel
- Original brass cup castors with cream
- Barley-twist turned legs
- Original brass drawer lock, stamped 'VR'
- Brass keyhole liner to the lock
- Drawer top edge stamped 'Edwards & Roberts,
Wardour St. London'.
DIMENSIONS - 3004 Antique
Walnut Writing Table by Edwards & Roberts
- Width = 37" (94cm). Depth = 22" (56cm).
- Sitting height (floor to the bottom of the
frieze) = 24" (61cm)
- Writing height = 29.5"
- Drawer internal width = 19.5" (50cm)
- Drawer internal depth (front to back)
= 16" (41cm)
- Drawer internal height = 2.75" (6.5cm).
Copyright © 2019 Antiquedesks.net - All Rights Reserved.