Woking, Surrey, UK
BLOG & NEWS
Share on Twitter
Read more about us
ANTIQUE VICTORIAN PEDESTAL DESK by
M S & T WILLSON
A superb Antique Victorian Mahogany Pedestal
Desk stamped with the mark of the well known cabinet maker and retailer; M S & T
Willson, 68 Long Acre, London (*See Below). This antique mahogany pedestal
desk can be dated to the late 1800's and is of excellent quality and
proportions. A three piece pedestal desk, it comes
with original brass handles, wheeled castors and working brass locks with key.
The moulded top has a very old (possibly original) leather inset. This
dark mottled green leather has been restored and re-waxed to give it many
further years of service without destroying its unique patina. With a
plain polished back and sides and substantial plinths this is an excellent
original desk suitable for home or office use.
FEATURES - 2029 Antique Victorian
Mahogany Pedestal Desk
- Superb Antique Victorian Pedestal Desk by M
S & T Willson, 68 Long Acre, London
- Three drawers to each pedestal and three
drawers to the frieze.
- Graduated drawers to both pedestals with
hand cut dovetails
- Very old (possibly original) dark mottled green leather writing surface inset
to the top, restored and re-waxed
- Moulded edges to the desk top
- Plain polished sides, rear and plinths
- Original brass handles and keyhole liners to all
- Matching brass locks and keys.
- Original castors and wheels for ease of
- Desk comes in three sections (two pedestal
and top) for ease of transportation
- Original makers/retailers stamp
- 2029 Antique Victorian Mahogany Pedestal Desk
- Width = 60" (152cm). Depth = 33" (84cm)
- Kneehole width (measured between pedestals)
= 26" (66cm)
- Sitting or kneehole height (floor to the bottom of the
frieze) = 24" (61cm)
- Writing surface height from floor = 30"
- Pedestal drawer widths (internal) = 13.5" (34cm)
- Pedestal drawer internal depths (front to back) =
- Central drawer width (internal) = 25" (64cm)
- Central drawer internal depth (front to back) =
- Frieze drawer heights = 2.75" (7cm).
- Pedestal drawer heights vary from 2.75" (6.5cm)
* M S & T (Thomas) Willson, cabinet makers,
upholsterers and furniture dealers of 68 Long Acre London - descendents of Thomas
Wilson (68 Great Queen Street (Long Acre)) who traded from this location from
Copyright © 2017 Antiquedesks.net - All Rights Reserved.