Woking, Surrey, UK
Use: ENQUIRY FORM
Share on Twitter
Read more about us
10 REASONS TO BUY AN ANTIQUE DESK
Here are ten reasons why we think you should consider buying a genuine antique desk
1. Style. Whether you prefer Georgian, Victorian, Edwardian, Arts & Crafts or Art Deco. Whether you prefer classic mahogany, mellow oak or figured rosewood or walnut, there will be a style to suit you and your home or office
2. Price. Price is often a consideration. Genuine Antique Desks offer fantastic value for money - in many instances they are now significantly cheaper than modern reproductions
3. Quality. Fine antique furniture was made to last - substantial and robust, a well restored antique desk will last (another) life time. The ultimate in "re-cycling".
4. Investment? Not necessarily - BUT - a quality antique desk will certainly retain a good proportion of its value better than a new piece of furniture. If you choose carefully and choose a stylish piece (perhaps one that is also marked by a well known cabinet marker) then it will certainly be sought after by future generations
5. A Piece of History. A fine antique desk will have been used by many people over its lifetime. Just possibly it will also have traceable history to interesting users in the past. It may have markers that directly point to a specific period or maker. It will certainly have character and style, and be unique.
6. Practicality. These pieces of furniture were made for working! Historically people used them extensively whether at home for day to day correspondence or their workplace. They are generally a thoroughly practical proposition for today's world of home working and computers.
7. Size Matters! Antique desks come in all shapes and sizes - from ladies small writing desks to full sized office partners desks
8. Period Features. A Georgian Desk for a Georgian House, a Victorian Desk for a Victorian house, an Edwardian desk for an Edwardian house - match your desk to your home and/or office in an authentic manner
9. "The Full Monty" With care it is possible to find a full suite of antique office furniture that matches your fine antique desk. Antique writing and library tables, antique bookcases, antique desk and library chairs, antique reading tables and stands - our clients have bought all these extra pieces to match their desk
10. Finally. Why buy a reproduction when you can have the real thing at a great price and a desk that will last a lifetime !